Fly Fishing Only Fly Fishing Only Fly Fishing Only Fly Fishing Only Fly Fishing Only Fly Fishing Only Fly Fishing Only

A Good Year so far

Home Forums FLY FISHING ONLY FORUM A Good Year so far

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Holt 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

tinsnip
    Participant

Greetings! I was feeling nostalgic for the old days of this forum, especially after last night’s adventure on the Kennebec. Fished all day with no success until about 8:15 p.m., when I was rewarded with a 20″ Rainbow and an 18″ Brook Trout. The entire day of standing in the cold water suddenly seemed a small price to pay.

And that was after a week spent up in the The Forks area where we encountered fish everywhere and managed to fool our fair share. It certainly seems like it’s going to be a great year for fishing. I encourage everyone to get out there and enjoy it!

Best,
    Tim

p.s. This was at a small pond up near Moxie last Monday night.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Mike Holt
    Keymaster

Tim,
    Glad to hear you’re still making time to fish. Ah, the old days of the forum and Shawmut. I’ve been fishing Shawmut – very hit or miss but like you I find that one good fish turns a lot of boring waiting into a blink. 🙂

Nice that some parts of the Kennebec are fishing as well as ever.

I’m heading out for a week of pond fishing myself – starting tomorrow. Your pond picture is making me want to start today instead.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.