Fly Fishing Only Fly Fishing Only Fly Fishing Only Fly Fishing Only Fly Fishing Only Fly Fishing Only Fly Fishing Only

Germany, HSK 07-2016

Home Forums FLY FISHING ONLY FORUM Germany, HSK 07-2016

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  gunner 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Marcelk
    Participant

Allthough my last road trip was not that far in the past I could not resist joining another
    one when my palls where planning a new one.

Actually a few days before the intended start of the trip it turned out that the guy responsible
    for arranging the trip had done squat … bummer.
    Quick thinking of one of my more reliable friends resulted in a booking of a hotel in the
    German Sauerland region on a decent trout stream.

So off we went to a stream I had only passed once on the way to another water.
    We arrived late afternoon and visited the river for a late session in the afternoon.
    My choice to fish downstream was a bad one as the river carried less water than usual
    so the fish could see me for miles.
    Even the deeper pools yielded nothing for me so I ended the day with the dreaded skunk.

That evening we sat in the pub watching the German soccer team loose out so a black day
    for many πŸ™‚

Next morning though the first fish came to the net and the world was ok again just as
    the following few days.
    The hotel was wunderfull, perfect location with the river running through the backyard and
    staffed with good people. Catering was out of this world and I think I will be back for a rematch
    later in the season.

Most memorable events on this trip was a battle with a very large brown trout which I lost as
    the fish eventually managed to kill the leader by hugging the rock legde it was hiding under.
    Tried the same spot a day later but to no avail.
    In the catagory curious events I noticed that a bat had choosen my wading boot as a
    place to nap while my waders and boots where drying in the drying room of the hotel.

Luckily I saw something crawling in my shoe and so the bat escaped although he was not
    happy when I shook him out of the boot πŸ™‚

gunner
    Participant

Excellent report and photos, as always. Very nice looking stream and good fish.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.